Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Jason Todd - Red Hood


Finally the last member of batman team red is done. Jason Todd Red Hood

As I mentioned before when I was waiting for the batman body to reach me. The official version of Jason Todd just got released in bootleg, the one with the brown jacket. But as you can see, this version that I did is the one without jacket and his hair have some strain of white hair in the middle. So in the picture below, you can see I used the head from the red hood which previously released which is the pre flash point look ( the one on the left) and the head is from arsenal which is also a face with a red mask.



The version which I did is the one on the right. I used the heart piece from the newly released dr strange and wash away the white temple leaving only the strain of white hair on the top which resemble his look when he was revealed to be alive in HUSH storyline. As for the body I used the new batman body which have a red bat emblem. Well after this red hood was done looking at the hair piece and the head, I just wished they would one day release a hush look jason todd.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!
Good idea with Dr. Strange hairpiece. (I think I have to order it)
Who's the manufacturer of the Red Hood on the left?

There were Dargo and Pogo RH previuosly, they looked like Lego videogame version. Also there's new lego alike version by Xinh.
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB13o4INXXXXXaFaXXXq6xXFXXXg/XINH-349-DC-Jason-Todd-Minifigures-Single-Sale-Building-Blocks-Batman-Super-Heroes-Sets-Models-Bricks.jpg

And I've got handmade customs. Can show you if youre interested.

Lau Kah Wai said...

The red hood on the left is by dargo I believe

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32531106028.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32531106028&productSubject=Miss-Martian-Red-Hood-Kick-Ass-Single-Sale-157-D856-Minifigure-Building-Blocks-Super-Heroes-Avengers#!

Do share your custom pls, maybe I can pick up some idea or 2 also.

Unknown said...

So first are not custom ones.
http://i67.tinypic.com/jfxhr4.jpg
Two on the left are Pogo and two on the right are Dargo. And Dargo versions have shiny metallic like paint including teeth. So that's why I've asked about yours minifig. Looks like Dargo reissued Red Hood then.

And here are my custom Red Hoods.
http://i66.tinypic.com/122otfp.jpg

Lau Kah Wai said...

I get what you mean now. Mine is the Dargo version, but why wasn't it having shiny metallic paint was because I used his head for my custom piece on the right, I replaced his head with an arsenal head hence his paint is darker.

There is another version of red hood with a odd color jacket which is beige in color have u seen it before?
https://g-search1.alicdn.com/img/bao/uploaded/i4/2396919208/TB2md8FmpXXXXaZXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!2396919208.jpg_230x230.jpg

Also the Hush outlook Jason Todd that I was talking about look like the custom Funko I repaint. I repost it in case u didn't see the comment I replied previously

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/8835/t04fSW.jpg





Unknown said...

Ah okay. I misunderstood that.

Yes, I have it in my collection, but he really looks weird. Not just the colors, but the mask as well. I wonder where they get such design.

Oh, I've never seen Funko figures before, they look nice. Joker is funny though.

Btw my red hoods are made of Iron men hehe as you could guess. I've tried to color him as he appears in Red Hood/Arsenal. At least I tried.